Kings Hammer Bay United is excited to bring a new event to Panama City Beach, The Defenders Cup. Paying homage to the rich military tradition in the region, The Defenders Cup offers a club-friendly environment with competition for all levels of play (Great event for 2nd level and below teams), professional referee crews, and first-class facilities.
The event will take place in early March each year at the Publix Sports Park in Panama City Beach, FL. The Publix Sports Park, regarded as one of the best facilities in the South, is home to 13 high quality fields- 9 Artificial Turf and 4 Natural Grass with all fields having flood lights. The Publix Sports Park facility provides high-quality playing surfaces along with convenience to many local attractions and Panama City Beach, home to some of the most beautiful beaches on the Gulf. This tournament will look to attract teams from across the Midwest, Midsouth and South each year to come play great competitive early spring season matches while enjoying time at the beach!
Come join us for a great weekend of soccer and fun at the beach in Panama City!
- 7v7 (U9 -U10): $700
- 9v9 (U10-U12): $725
- 11v11 (U12-U14): $775
- 11v11 (U15-U19): $825
Schedules, Bracketing, Coach Conflicts, & Field Changes:
Kelli Crowley | firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration/Admin, Logistics, Volunteers, Hospitality & College Coach Registration:
Jillian Romag | Jillian@kingshammer.com
Sponsorships & Club Relations:
Dave McIver | email@example.com
PYB Sports | firstname.lastname@example.org
Come kick off your spring season with us in beautiful Panama City Beach!
Club friendly event for all levels of teams. Great event for All “B”, “C”, & “D” level teams from throughout the United States and Canada.
Multiple divisions in an age group/gender to promote competitive balance.
Publix Sports Park used as the main site. 13 high-quality fields at one of the best facilities in the country in one location to help with coach conflicts!
Enjoy time at the beautiful white beaches of Panama City Beach before and after matches!
USSF certified referees.
Awards to Champions and Finalists in each age group.
GotSport Scheduler used to avoid coaching conflicts.
This event is a “Stay to Play” event. All teams attending this event that need rooms must stay at one of the tournament-approved hotels and book through PYB Sports. Additionally, any team traveling over 100 miles to the tournament is required to book through PYB Sports AND maintain a minimum of seven (7) reservations for the event.
All hotel requests must go through PYB Sports. Please find a list of hotels here
If you have any questions, please contact Lindsay Prozy at email@example.com
Please see tournament rules for Defenders Cup rules of competition.
Paying by Check:
- If paying by check make check payable to Kings Hammer SC and mail to: Kings Hammer SC – Attn: Bash On the Beach- 50 E. Rivercenter Blvd. Suite 150 Covington, KY 41011
- Please include team name and age group in memo line of check.
Team Check In:
Registration will be through GotSport only. Registration materials may be submitted once the application process is closed and your team has been accepted to the tournament. Registration information must be received one week prior to the event weekend. Please login to your GotSport account to upload your registration materials by clicking here.
Please upload the following items:
- Copy of Roster (validated by state association)
- Copy of Guest Player Roster
- Copy of Travel Permit (required for all teams outside of FYSA). Note: US Club teams are not required to submit a travel permit.
- Copy of Players, Guest Players and Coaches Cards
- Liability Release/Infectious Disease Form(signed by every parent and coach)
Please note: There is no onsite check-in however everything listed above MUST be accessible at EVERY game and only certified staff is permitted on player’s sidelines.
We will NOT check medical authorization forms but it is strongly encouraged that each team has in its possession a medical authorization form for each player on its roster.
If you have any questions please email Dave@kingshammer.com.
To ensure we can work around coaches with multiple teams in the event, please make sure the coach who will be coaching your team in the event is listed as the Primary Coach in GotSport in your team application. If they are not listed as the Primary coach for the event, the system will not recognize a coach conflict should two teams with the same coach be scheduled at the same time. To update your coach as the primary please follow the steps below:
- Make sure the coach who is coaching the team for the event is listed as the primary coach on the team registration in GotSport
- Not Listing a coach will prevent the registration from being completed in GotSport so teams must list a PRIMARY COACH.
- Click the GREEN plus button to add coach to the team for the event. If you need to update a coach to Primary, this is where you can add a coach and designate them as Primary. See below:
Notify Event Director Function:
Please let the tournament committee know via the “Notify” button in your team application using the account used to register for the event if any of the following have appeared on your schedule. Please Note: This function takes the place of the Support Ticket function from the old GotSoccer system.
- A direct coaching conflict within this event for coaches who coach multiple teams (up to 2 teams. For those coaching 3 teams we encourage you to have an assistant coach).
- A major scheduling mistake (a team playing two games at the same time or back to back games).
- A schedule conflict you need to let us know about prior to publishing schedules.
Although we know life happens but we simply cannot honor requests for the following reason as there are just too many:
- Personal reasons (family events, weddings, etc).
- Non-event specific coaching conflicts not related to this event (another team you are coaching is playing elsewhere).
All “Notify” messages must be sent to Event Director before schedules become final. Once schedules are final there is little room to make changes. No changes will be made to the schedule 10 days out from the event.